Stimpson, John Morley . Pte regiment number 242529 1st Battalion of Lincolnshire Regiment.From Walpole St Peters, Wisbech.
This is one of only two photographs we have of ‘Morley’. He joined the Army in 1916 as an 18 year old lad from Walpole St Peter on the Norfolk – Cambs border. He was killed in March 1918 on the second day of the final German assault to gain ground. Commemorated on the Pozieries Memorial.
Date of creation1916
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (241)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)