Smokes from Home
This article was produced by Isabelle Wilson who spent two weeks volunteering at Cambridgeshire Archives. In the archives there is a collection of records from the Cambridge tobacconist Bacon Brothers. Amongst these records is a series of postcards sent from soldiers to Bacon Brothers during the First World War. We asked Isabelle to list, research and digitise some of these postcards and this article shares some of her findings.
The Bacon Brothers postcards are continuing to be listed as part of the Great War – Between the Lines project so that descriptions of the postcards can be uploaded to Cambridgeshire Archives online catalogue.
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (230)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)