Pte Elijah Drew Royal Tank Regiment, from Gorefield
Private Elijah Drew who served in the Royal Tank Regiment The Royal Hussars, service number535671 from 22/7/1919 as a horseman. His regiment was sent to Egypt towards the end of 1919 to help deal with the Egyptian uprising.
He survived his service and married Violet Powers. His father was William Drew and the family lived ” The Ramblers” Black Lane, Gorefield.
Date of coverage1919
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (241)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)