Noble, Charles. Regiment number 16692 of 11th Suffolks. Died 6th July 1916. From Teversham.
This is a photograph of my Great Uncle who was in the 11th Suffolks ( The Cambridge Suffolks ).
Private Charles Noble 16692
Killed in action at the Battle Of The Somme
On 6th July 1916.
Son of Josia and Eliza Noble of Teversham, Cambridgeshire.
He is buried in Mericourt-L’Abbe Cemetery, in a grave with two other soldiers, these are not from the 11th Suffolks. I also have his medals,citation and portrait.
Date of creation1915 - 1916
PlaceBattle of the Somme
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (244)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (244)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)