Lambert, Walter. Private 17358 B Coy 11th Suffolks. Died of Wounds 29th Feb 1916. From Fen Drayton.
Walter Lambert was born in Fen Drayton in 1895. From a family of farm labourers he lived with father William and mother Dinah in Horse Gate St, Fen Drayton (1901) and High Street, Fen Drayton (1911). William enlisted into the 11th Suffolks in Dec 1914/Jan 1915. He died of his wounds in hospital in Ballieul on Feb 29th 1916. The battalion were in trenches SE of Fleurbaix village. He lies buried in Ballieul Communal Cemetery Extension Nord.
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (240)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)