Holmes, George. Corporal . From Gorefield.
Corporal George Holmes, of the Royal Garrison Artillery – 90th Heavy Battery who died on 28th May 1915 at Gallipoli, and is commemorated on the Helles memorial, and the Gorefield War memorial, where this photograph is kept. He was the son of Mr George and Mrs Elizabeth Holmes of Gorefield.
Date of coverage1916
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (235)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)