Cambridge and The Great War Walking and Cycling Map
Cambridge has a rich history as a University City, but also played a part in the First World War with many colleges providing soldiers and allowing grounds and buildings to be used as a hospital.
This map highlights a variety of locations that would have been of importance during the war and places of remembrance for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (242)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)