Bedford. John. Private 15795, 11th Suffolks. Died 1st July 1916. From Coates.
John Bedford was born in Eastrea in 1896, the second son of Arthur and Mary Jane. In 1911 John was still living in the family home in Coates and was employed as a farm labourer.
John joined the 11th Suffolks early in the war, in September 1914. He died on July 1st 1916. His body was not found and he is commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial.
Date of creation23/10/2016
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (241)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)