An early view of Cambridge from the air!
Taken from a Great War aeroplane, possibly flying from Duxford, a view of the King’s College area of Cambridge taken in around 1917 or 18. One of a set of images supplied by John Bland and passed dwon through the family from his grandfather, Daniel Cooper – a member of the ground crew at Duxford Aerodrome.
- 11th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment (243)
- Hidden Stories (22)
- Memorials and monuments (39)
- Peace and peace celebrations (11)
- Soldiers – before, during and after the war (230)
- Families and War (49)
- Highlights (32)
- Total War (28)
- Behind the Lines (120)
- Women and the Great War (34)
- Music, art, culture and the Great War (19)